Dr Mark Atkinson, MBBS is a medical doctor and internationally renowned authority on psychological fitness and human potential development. He is founder of the Human Potential Institute and co-founder of Psychological Fitness International a leading provider of human potential training to executives, entrepreneurs and companies.
Mark is a Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health and Fellow of the American Institute of Stress. His published books include The Mind-Body Bible and True Happiness - Your Complete Guide to Emotional Health. He received his medical degree from Imperial College London (St Mary's Hospital Medical School).
Discovering Whole Body Acceptance
Introducing Whole Body Acceptance
- Dr. Mark Atkinson has kindly donated an experiential process so that you can have a taster of his approach. This process is called Whole Body Acceptance, and the purpose of this process is to restore a loving and accepting relationship with your body. He describes this as a foundational practice for self acceptance. You will find this exercise within the discovery course section, free of charge. The Health and Wellbeing Trust is grateful to Mark for the kind donation of this process for use by our students. Those wishing to go further with Mark should look at the trainings and experiences that he offers.
Discovering Whole Body Acceptance
The learning aims for this course are to:
- Become comfortable with yourself and your body
- Develop unconditional loving acceptance of your body
- Notice where you are holding anxiety in your body and apply healing focus to release this anxiety
- Achieve profound whole body acceptance
- Deepen into a self-love process
- Optionally, take these processes further by repeating the exercise without your clothes
Experiential Online Process
Psychological Fitness Specialist Training Program
An online 8-week course in the essential psychological skills for human thriving
- Receive a comprehensive map of human potential development: waking up, powering up, cleaning up, growing up and showing up.
- Access the superconscious mindstate of Presence and from Presence support the emergent potential of your Client (and you).
- Understand the construct of mindstate and the multitude of influences that shape it.
- Learn 15 different practices for shaping the mind and inner experience in ways that lead to higher levels of wellbeing, integration and functioning.
- Know how to facilitate a session as a Psychological Fitness Specialist.
- How to enhance the work you currently do using the principles and practices of psychological fitness.
Human Potential Coach Training
A world-class, accredited 4-in-1 Coach training program
- Provide an overview of the physical, emotional, mental and transpersonal aspects of the Human Potential High-Performance Roadmap.
- Help yourself and your Clients identify the specific habits that you/your Client posit need changing.
- Use an integral model of biohacking to positively influence three domains of your life: Presence, Internal Environment (Biology & Psychology) and External Environment.
- Recommend tools for developing psychological acceptance, reducing the believability of negative thoughts and becoming mindful, all without the need for meditation.
- Apply key insights from the cutting-edge research of Positive Psychology to your own life and that of your Clients
- Apply key success principles and insights from psychology, business, emotional intelligence training and high performance to your own life and that of your coaching Clients.
- Know the evidence base for coaching as exemplified by the ICF Core Coaching Competencies. Have a clear understanding of the flow and structure of a Human Potential Coaching session. Know the core attributes of an effective Human Potential Coach.
- Know how to access a state of Presence and engagement, and from that state facilitate your coaching session.
- Know how to help your Clients access and clarify both conceptual and embodied goals.
Personal Psychological Fitness Training Sessions
To find a psychological fitness specialist trained by Mark, please click the below link:
- Find your Psychological Fitness Specialist here Psychological Fitness International
Introduction to our services
Our e-Learning platform will enable you to find an exciting range of teachers and courses to inform your healthcare choices and meet your continuing professional development requirements.Find out more
Our e-Information platform will enable you keep in touch with the latest news, science and developments within holistic healthcare.Find out more
Our Learning Community will connect you with like-minded people practising, studying and seeking natural healthcare approaches, for your mutual support, dialogue and collaboration.Find out more
Posted: 13th August 2018
Fundraising for harp player Sue Caden
Sue Caden is a wonderful harp player, but was slowly losing her hearing. The Health and Wellbeing trust offered to help fundraise for Sue to buy her some state-of-the-art hearing aids.Read more
Can you run a campaign for us?
We are thrilled to receive donations from our proactive supporters through community events and would love to hear from you if you feel inspired to help us. Do you have a bright idea we can support you with?Contact us
Posted: 13th August 2018
Fundraising for the passing of our friend Ali Jennings
On June 11th 2018 a group of Ali’s friend run in the Nailsea Charity run in Ali’s memory in aid of our charity which Ali served and supported passionately.Read more
Donate and help us grow
Please support our vital work to improve the nation's health through the teaching of affordable, effective, and sustainable healthcare solutions to healthcare professionals.
Never has our work been so critically important - with the NHS almost at breaking point and increasing cases of lifestyle illnesses we need to act now!
HWT is a registered charity - all donations fund our core team, enabling us to engage the best teachers, build our courses and populate our online platform with news and research pieces to help increase peoples' understanding of this important information.
We are a very lean, green team – with no office to run, we just focus on our mission!