I am a Nutritional Therapist working in nutritional education for a supplement company called Cytoplan, who specialise in Food State and Wholefood Supplements.
I have a degree in Biology from the University of Lancaster and a Diploma in Nutritional Therapy from the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM), I am also currently studying for an MSc in Transdisciplinary Practice.
Since becoming qualified as a Nutritional Therapist in 2009 I have worked with clients suffering with a wide range of conditions, as well as lecturing in Nutritional Therapy at the CNM.
For the past four years I have been with the nutritional education team at Cytoplan, working as Technical and Product Training Manager.
Nutrition for Health
Introducing Nutrition for Health
Discovering Nutrition for Health
The learning aims for this course are to:
- To introduce the foundational elements of an anti-inflammatory diet
- To describe how to eat well for optimum health and vitality
- To introduce ways to optimise gut health
- To describe how to support detoxification
- To explain the impact of stress on nutrition and digestion
- To explain the physiology of sleep
- To introduce the role of physical activity in health and digestion
Health Care Professionals and the General Public
Health and Wellbeing Trust
Training in Nutritional Therapy
- Cytoplan runs a series of educational webinars in a range of interesting topics. To find out more, click the link Cytoplan Webinars
- Helen Drake does not offer a training in Nutritional Therapy but recommends her own college, The College of Naturopathic Medicine or The Institute of Optimal Nutrition for those wishing to train in this discipline
Help with your nutrition
- To make a personal assessment of your nutritional needs, you can do the Cytoplan nutritional questionnaire. Click here to fill out
- To find a nutritional therapist or information about training in nutritional therapy, you can find links directing you to BANT, the CNM and ION in the Nutrition and Naturopathy sections of the Resource Directory
Introduction to our services
Our e-Learning platform will enable you to find an exciting range of teachers and courses to inform your healthcare choices and meet your continuing professional development requirements.Find out more
Our e-Information platform will enable you keep in touch with the latest news, science and developments within holistic healthcare.Find out more
Our Learning Community will connect you with like-minded people practising, studying and seeking natural healthcare approaches, for your mutual support, dialogue and collaboration.Find out more
Posted: 13th August 2018
Fundraising for harp player Sue Caden
Sue Caden is a wonderful harp player, but was slowly losing her hearing. The Health and Wellbeing trust offered to help fundraise for Sue to buy her some state-of-the-art hearing aids.Read more
Can you run a campaign for us?
We are thrilled to receive donations from our proactive supporters through community events and would love to hear from you if you feel inspired to help us. Do you have a bright idea we can support you with?Contact us
Posted: 13th August 2018
Fundraising for the passing of our friend Ali Jennings
On June 11th 2018 a group of Ali’s friend run in the Nailsea Charity run in Ali’s memory in aid of our charity which Ali served and supported passionately.Read more
Donate and help us grow
Please support our vital work to improve the nation's health through the teaching of affordable, effective, and sustainable healthcare solutions to healthcare professionals.
Never has our work been so critically important - with the NHS almost at breaking point and increasing cases of lifestyle illnesses we need to act now!
HWT is a registered charity - all donations fund our core team, enabling us to engage the best teachers, build our courses and populate our online platform with news and research pieces to help increase peoples' understanding of this important information.
We are a very lean, green team – with no office to run, we just focus on our mission!