Freya Sherlock has been immersed in Chinese Medicine and the Daoist Internal Arts tradition for over thirty years. With her degree in Chinese Medicine, her Masters in Chinese Herbal Medicine and post-graduate specialisms in gynaecology/obstetrics and Classical Jing Fang Herbalism, she offers private consultations at her clinic in Ireland, remote online consultations and teaching. She advocates a radical wellness approach with her patients combined with a WILDFIT 90-day coaching programme to re-orientate her client's relationship to nutrition.
Chinese Medicine – A Medical Paradigm of Wholism & Interconnectedness
Introducing Chinese Medicine - A Medical Paradigm of Wholism & Interconnectedness
Discovering Chinese Medicine - A Medical Paradigm of Wholism & Interconnectedness
The learning aims for this course are to:
- Expand the awareness of those involved or interested in the development of health to encompass a broader understanding of Eastern approaches and how these could be incorporated and included conceptually.
- Be introduced to a synopsis of the history of Chinese Medicine and its current modern relevance, application, and medical contribution
- Be introduced to the use and purpose of symbolic language in Chinese Medicine
- Be introduced to some key philosophical concepts of the Chinese medical paradigm: wholism, interconnectedness and the spectrum of energy
- Have a simplified overview of the Chinese medical understanding of a selection of organ systems
- Explore a simplified case study through the lens of Chinese Medicine and observe the patient’s reflective interview on her illness and treatment
- Be introduced to the Chinese Medicine diagnostic process and treatment ‘web’ and the application of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine to this case study conceptually
- Be introduced to the growing body of research into the efficacy of Chinese Medicine, together with an overview of the advantages and challenges of conducting such research
- To reflectively explore applying a deeper understanding of wholism and interconnectedness within ourselves and our patients or clients and gain a deeper appreciation for the ‘alchemy of healing’ from a Chinese Medicine perspective
- To discover the breadth of scope of Chinese Medicine as a significant contributor to natural and integrated healthcare provision and explore further pathways for training or referral
Introduction to our services
Our e-Learning platform will enable you to find an exciting range of teachers and courses to inform your healthcare choices and meet your continuing professional development requirements.Find out more
Our e-Information platform will enable you keep in touch with the latest news, science and developments within holistic healthcare.Find out more
Our Learning Community will connect you with like-minded people practising, studying and seeking natural healthcare approaches, for your mutual support, dialogue and collaboration.Find out more
Posted: 13th August 2018
Fundraising for harp player Sue Caden
Sue Caden is a wonderful harp player, but was slowly losing her hearing. The Health and Wellbeing trust offered to help fundraise for Sue to buy her some state-of-the-art hearing aids.Read more
Can you run a campaign for us?
We are thrilled to receive donations from our proactive supporters through community events and would love to hear from you if you feel inspired to help us. Do you have a bright idea we can support you with?Contact us
Posted: 13th August 2018
Fundraising for the passing of our friend Ali Jennings
On June 11th 2018 a group of Ali’s friend run in the Nailsea Charity run in Ali’s memory in aid of our charity which Ali served and supported passionately.Read more
Donate and help us grow
Please support our vital work to improve the nation's health through the teaching of affordable, effective, and sustainable healthcare solutions to healthcare professionals.
Never has our work been so critically important - with the NHS almost at breaking point and increasing cases of lifestyle illnesses we need to act now!
HWT is a registered charity - all donations fund our core team, enabling us to engage the best teachers, build our courses and populate our online platform with news and research pieces to help increase peoples' understanding of this important information.
We are a very lean, green team – with no office to run, we just focus on our mission!