David is Programme Director of the Scientific and Medical Network. His work as Director of the Network started in 1986 and he continues to edit the journal, Paradigm Explorer.
He is author and editor of over twelve books, including ‘Survival: Death as Transition’, ‘Resonant Mind’, ‘Radical Prince: the Practical Vision of the Prince of Wales’, ‘Science, Consciousness and Ultimate Reality’ ‘A New Renaissance’ and ‘The Protein Crunch’ (with Jason Drew). He is a Fellow of the International Futures Forum, Founding Chief Executive of Character Scotland, and former President of Wrekin Trust and the Swedenborg Society. He was educated at Eton and the Universities of St Andrews and Cambridge. After a spell in merchant banking, he spent a number of years teaching modern languages and philosophy at Winchester College.
Mind and Spirit, Spiritual Development
Our Quest for Love and Wisdom
Introducing Our Quest for Love and Wisdom
- Watch David's Introducing film.
Discovering Our Quest for Love and Wisdom
The learning aims for this course are to:
- Find a deeper sense of purpose and meaning in life and explore how best to serve in your circle of influence
- Develop an understanding of gnosis as unitive knowing beyond belief and rational analysis
- Be able to flow more deeply with cycles of death, rebirth and renewal in your life
- Develop an understanding of the significance of Mary Magdalene as an embodiment of Sophia – Divine Wisdom and the Sacred Feminine and explore its importance for our time
- Learn about what the Cathar Renaissance has to offer to our modern expressions of spirituality
- Learn how universal ethical principles are reflected in the lives of Beinsa Douno, Albert Schweitzer and Dag Hammarskjold – especially in relation to reverence for life
- Understand the relationship between metaphysics and ethics, the oneness of being and the Golden Rule as manifest in the learner’s life review
- Appreciate the centrality of the principles of Love, Wisdom and Truth in the spiritual life
- Reflect on how you can contribute to cultural renewal and co-creation of a culture of love and wisdom
Webinar Programmes and Conferences
- As Programme Director of the Scientific and Medical Network David creates the weekly Webinar Programme to be found at: Click here to view webinars
- As well as the annual Mystics and Scientists and Beyond the Brain Conferences: Click here to view conferences
- Trainings with the most esteemed authors, scientists and mystics are to be found on this Webinar programme of the Scientific and Medical Network – ‘Where evidence-based reason meets deep inner knowing.’ It is highly recommended that you join the Network so that you receive regular invitations to these fascinating and inspiring courses and the annual conferences.
- To subscribe go to the Scientific & Medical Network sign up page Scientific and Medical Network Sign Up Page
One-to-One's with David
- David is offering individual one-hour conversations/consultations about any aspect of the course.
- He is also available for one-to-one Tutorship and Mentorship on your academic learning journey or your spiritual development journey.
- To contact David please email email@example.com
Introduction to our services
Our e-Learning platform will enable you to find an exciting range of teachers and courses to inform your healthcare choices and meet your continuing professional development requirements.Find out more
Our e-Information platform will enable you keep in touch with the latest news, science and developments within holistic healthcare.Find out more
Our Learning Community will connect you with like-minded people practising, studying and seeking natural healthcare approaches, for your mutual support, dialogue and collaboration.Find out more
Posted: 13th August 2018
Fundraising for harp player Sue Caden
Sue Caden is a wonderful harp player, but was slowly losing her hearing. The Health and Wellbeing trust offered to help fundraise for Sue to buy her some state-of-the-art hearing aids.Read more
Can you run a campaign for us?
We are thrilled to receive donations from our proactive supporters through community events and would love to hear from you if you feel inspired to help us. Do you have a bright idea we can support you with?Contact us
Posted: 13th August 2018
Fundraising for the passing of our friend Ali Jennings
On June 11th 2018 a group of Ali’s friend run in the Nailsea Charity run in Ali’s memory in aid of our charity which Ali served and supported passionately.Read more
Donate and help us grow
Please support our vital work to improve the nation's health through the teaching of affordable, effective, and sustainable healthcare solutions to healthcare professionals.
Never has our work been so critically important - with the NHS almost at breaking point and increasing cases of lifestyle illnesses we need to act now!
HWT is a registered charity - all donations fund our core team, enabling us to engage the best teachers, build our courses and populate our online platform with news and research pieces to help increase peoples' understanding of this important information.
We are a very lean, green team – with no office to run, we just focus on our mission!